AMD the famous processor manufacture recently launched the Radeon HD 6990M GPU (Graphics Processor Unit), AMD claimed the 6990M as the fastest single mobile graphics processor today. HD 6990M GPUs for notebooks which is soon replaced the AMD Radeon 6970M is now widely used. The AMD Radeon HD 6990M GPU was measured to be up to 25% faster than any other announced notebook enthusiast GPU. Furthermore, hardcore gamers can experience additional gaming performance through AMD CrossFireX technology.
AMD Radeon HD 6990M supports Microsoft DirectX 11 and 3D Stereo. The chip, which packs in 1.7 billion transistors, will have a clock speed of 715 MHz, 1120 stream processors, 2GB GDDR5 memory and 1.6 TFLOPS of computing power. HD 6990M also supports AMD’s CrossFireX technology
that combines the outputs of the two GPUs to improve the graphics performance of the notebook. It merge AMD’s HD 6990M and the previous A-Series Accelerated Processor (APU). The Radeon HD 6990M supports AMD Eyefinity technologies that can support up to six displays (via
DisplayPort and some complicated adapting), AMD App acceleration technology to improve video playback and Web browsing (in IE9 and Firefox, at least), and AMD HD3D technology for users who want to pop on some shutter glasses and tap into 3D games and content. The Radeon HD 6990M also supports OpenGL 4.1, AMD’s CrossFireX technology for multi-GPU support, and can handle DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA output. The system sports 1120 stream processing units, 56 texture units, and a GGDR5 memory interface.
HD 6990 will be used on a notebook for gaming that require high performance graphics. On several benchmark test results released by AMD, the 6990M outperformed the Nvidia GeFOrce GTX 580M by about 20 percent on 3DMark Vantage and 3DMark11, and about 15 percent in Left 4
Dead 2. At the time of the announcement, AMD said that the 6990M will be available in the Alienware M18x, Clevo P150HM, P170HM, X7200, and select Eurocomm systems. With the battle for mobile GPU supremacy really heating up now, it will be interesting to see what NVIDIA will
be able to squeeze out of its Fermi architecture to try and claim its title back.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- 6990m benchmark
- 6990m benchmarks
- 6990m review
- Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990M AMD CrossFireX
- 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990M
- ati 6990m
- 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990M review
- ati 6990m review
- Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6990 M AMD CrossFireX
- benchmark 6990m
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Introducing The VTX3D Radeon HD 6970 Graphic Card With Cinematic Games Experience With more than twice the processing power of previous generation AMD discrete graphics cards, ATI Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics cards deliver a cinematic gaming experience and unprecedented performance. This...
- Sneak Peeking The Latest AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 6790 Graphic Card With Good Gaming Performance Since the launch of the Northern Islands graphics cards, AMD has filled the market with high-end and mid-range graphics cards that were based on either the Barts or Cayman GPU....
- AMD Unveils The New AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Graphics Card After previously well known with the brand ATI Radeon, recently AMD has acquisites the ATI Radeon and introducing the latest AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card. According to media release...
- AMD Radeon HD 6450: The Enonomic Small Sized VGA for Maximum HTPC and Light Gaming Using Performance The latest AMD HD 600 series including 6670, HD 6570, HD 6450 with price range below $ 100 but with maximum performance. This HD 6450 is the cheapest and lowest...
- HIS Introducing The Radeon HD 6790 IceQ X 1GB GDDR5 with AMD Barts LE and Better Cooling And Performance Featured HIS manufacture, the famous brand in motherboard manufacture recently combined with AMD recently launch their latest AMD Radeon HD 6790 graphics card with a chip or codename Barts LE.With a...