If ever there was a product with the potential to cause consumer confusion, power supplies are probably it. Out of the box they all look the same, right? Perhaps, but the truth is that they are most definitely not the same. And as far as we’re concerned, Antec’s new TruePower line of power supplies has a number of new and even unique features that makes them demonstrably superior. Antec is one manufacturer of power supply (PSU) in the world, get the title as the producer with the lowest product failure rates for the products of his PSU. These results are delivered by a French hardware site, hardware.fr.
Hardware.fr conduct a study that calculates the total number of PSU are sold in the period October 1, 2009 until 1 April 2010. PSU who have been actively involved in operation for at least six months, and the average amount of damage taken from large sellers who spread across France. PSU minimum amount that must be sold in the period in order to be included is 500 units per brand. Statistics generated for comparison among PSU brands damage level are as follows.
* ANTEC 0.61%
* CoolerMaster 1.10%
* Fortron 1.29%
* Thermaltake 1.39%
* Corsair 1.68%
* Enermax 2.47%
* Seasonic 3.32%
ANTEC success is not the first time. ANTEC has managed to get this title three times in a row. According to Scott Richards, senior VP of ANTEC, results from these independent studies show the reliability and value of more than PSU ANTEC products. This result is also a proof of their focus on the quality of products made during these 25 years.
Power Supply Calculator
One great thing about Antec is they had many features and equipments tools to make a complete PSU (Power Supply Unit), one of it is the power supply calculator.
If you’re building your own computer or are considering upgrading your existing PC, you need to make sure your power supply is adequate to handle the hardware that will be pulling from it. There are great power supply calculators on the Antec and Thermaltake websites that have virtually every possible configuration you will encounter on a motherboard. This tool will give you a general idea of the size of PSU you’ll need to power your computer. It’s probably a good idea to use that number as a minimum requirement and always gets a power supply rated a little higher.
The power supply calculator will give you numerous options from CPU, fans, memory, video cards, hard drives, etc and based on your selection will calculate the amount of wattage necessary for those components. We ran several different configurations through the calculator and were always below or right at 400 Watts. If you are building a high-end machine for gaming, you might find you need a 500 Watt power supply. The power supply calculator allows you to print it out, so you can configure several options and have a printed reference to use when buying your parts. Both Antec and Thermaltake are major brand names in the business with a good reputation. If you are building a machine, Antec and Thermaltake are models you should consider.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- best psu 2011
- best power supply 2011
- best computer power supply 2011
- antec power supply calculator
- best pc power supply 2011
- best power supplies 2011
- antec power calculator
- top PSU 2011
- best psu brands 2011
- top power supply 2011
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Things You Should Know About Power Supply Power Supply on a computer is an energy source that drives your computer. With power supply, hardware on the computer is given “power” to be able to work in accordance...
- Saving The Windows Vista Battery Longer In Laptops By Adjusting The Vista Power Management If you’re forced to run your notebook without AC (on an airplane, for example), maximizing battery life is crucial. Like most of its predecessors, Windows Vista supports various power schemesVista...
- Game Play HD Quality With the Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 450 GTS and PhysX 3D Vision Gigabyte has just launched its latest GeForce GTS 450 ie with GV-series N450OC-1GI and GV-N450-1GI. Both motherboards from Gigayte Fermi was built on NVIDIA’s architecture, support DirectX 11. GV-450OC-1GI and...
- Muscle Power A785GMF Motherboard : The Local Marks With Flexible And Feature Two Type Of RAM That Not Be Underestimated As an Indonesian brand that was once famous as a manufacturer of memory, Muscle Power is now trying to enliven the motherboard market in the country. Muscle Power A785GMF, that’s...
- Fixing Computer That Restarts By it’s Self Sometimes we get confused when our computer restarts. When our computer restarts, it does not mean that there is virus inside any program. If your computer restarted for once, it...