Asus WL-330N3G is a wireless router with compact size. The dimensions only 90 x 38.9 x 12.8 mm. The ASUS WL-330N3G is a pocket-sized 3G router that can be used to distribute an Internet connection using a 3G USB modem. It’s perfect for business users who often work on the road and want to share a 3G Internet connection across many devices.
But sharing a 3G Internet connection isn’t the only thing it can do; it has about five other functions, including the ability to function as a hotspot, as a regular router for your ADSL2+ modem and even as an Ethernet-to-Wi-Fi adapter. It’s a versatile little device and it’s not too difficult to set up.
Before you plug in and share a 3G connection, it’s best to change the SSID of the router and enable encryption. The easiest way to do this is by connecting the router to your computer via an Ethernet cable and using the utilities on the supplied CD-ROM, so you’ll need a laptop
with an optical drive (although you could also configure the router’s SSID and encryption through its Web configuration page). Once you’ve got it set up with the SSID and encryption pass phrase of your choice, you can log into it via its Web configuration page (192.168.1.1) and set it up for 3G sharing or hotspot Internet access.
When on the move, the WL-330N3G has a variety of uses, such as sharing the same connection with a variety of devices, or for a hotel room to create a personalized network from a single wired connection. We were pleasantly surprised by how strong the signal could be, especially
when factoring in the diminutive physical dimensions of the product.
When in use the WL-330N3G gets a little warm, although it can easily be handled without burning the skin.
Asus WL-330N3G wireless router supports wireless networking standards to 802.11n, and remains compatible with the previous connection standard (such as 802.11b and 802.11g). This wireless router provides only one RJ45 port that can serve as a LAN or WAN, depending on which mode is active. This device has multiple LED light indicator for the activity. In the sales package, in addition to an AC adapter, Asus also provides a USB cable as an alternative resource. So, you can use USB power from your notebook to turn on Asus WL-330N3G.
WL-330N3G also supports 3G or HSDPA wireless router. Behind the physical form of very small, the Asus WL-330N3G has many features such as a wireless router, can also serve as an access point, the universal repeater, hotspots, and 3G sharing to share a 3G connection. In
addition, the wireless router can also serve as an ordinary function as a wireless adapter alternative devices when the wireless module is not available on a notebook or PC. The entire function can you choose when you access the control panel Asus WL-330N3G for the first time.
Once you access the web based control panel tool, you will be treated to six modes to choose from, complete with illustrations of the functions concerned.
Feature which can be set on the Asus WL-330N3G is fairly extensive although not complete as of the wireless routers in general. However, standard safety features such as WEP encryption, WPA, and WPA2, firewall, IP filtering, and MAC authentication are present in this device.
To find out how the Asus WL-330N3G performance, we tested the throughput speed is generated by connecting two PCs, one with 802.11n wireless connection, and another one with a LAN cable. Throughput was tested by using the Chariot. And the result, the throughput generated
by the Asus WL-330N3G is very good for the size of a portable wireless router. The average speed generated is about 75.294 Mbps, with a peak speed of 90.395 Mbps. The resulting response is also very fast, about 1.016 seconds.
For a portable wireless device, the Asus WL-330N3G provides good performance and functionality. Moreover, the device is also compatible with 3G or HSDPA modem so you can share your internet connection anywhere.
Standards : 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
Connectors : 1 x USB, 1 x LAN / WAN (depending on mode)
Speed data transfer : Maximum 150 Mbps
Features : DHCP client, DNS Proxy, Automatic IP, PPPoE, PPTP login client support,
Static Route, NTP support, UPnP, DDNS, WEP Encryption, WPA, WPA2 Firewall protection, DHCP support, NAT support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), repeating mode, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), DoS attack prevention, packet filtering, URL filtering, IP address filtering, Access Point operational mode, firmware upgradeable, USB powered, Wi-Fi Multimedia
(WMM) support, Ad-Hoc Mode, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), DHCP server, static IP mode, DHCP proxy, Wireless Client Mode, 3G USB Dongle Support
Weight : 32 grams
Dimensions : 90 x 38.9 x 12.8 mm
Package includes : Power adapter, USB Cable RJ45 Cable, CD Manual & Guide Books
Warranty : 1 year
Requirements : Apple MacOS, Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7
Website : www.asus.com
Price range : USD 85
• Small and stylish.
• Compact & slim
• Easy installation
• User friendly interface/control panel
• Good performance
• Supports 3G/HSDPA modem
• Bundle is extensive and covers all bases.
• Not gigabit RJ45 ports
• Careless wrongly printed password and login on the product
• Expensive price
Related Computer Tutorial:
- How To Setup Ad Hoc Networks : Wireless Network Without Using a Router Internet using wireless networks or wireless is fun because it can connect to the internet anywhere. In general jarigan wireless using wireless router is quite expensive, but do not panic...
- Introducing The TP-Link TL-MR3420 Wireless Router With Complete Features And User Friendly TP-Link TL-MR3420 is a wireless router that is very complete. Addition to connection sharing cable / ADSL Internet, routers can also be used to share your 3G connection. If you...
- Introducing The Tiny Sapido RB1602 Router With Huge Features Compact, affordable, and easy-to-use, the RB-1602 Wireless 3-in-1 Pocket N+ Broadband Router from Sapido is a router, bridge, and access point all in one. For Internet access, the router has...
- Introducing All In One Router Functions Aztech HW550-3G Wireless Router With 3G Connection Support The Aztech HW550-3G router is one of the newest entrant to the market with supporting feature such as the highly valued storage and printer sharing making it a basic NAS...
- 2Wire 2700HG Wireless Router With Unique And Amazing Features Compares To Other Famous Products Perhaps the 2Wire brand sound strange among users of the wireless network. But on this product found attractive feature for opening and closing communication ports that never found on another...