Internet access over 3G connections are more easily available is now quite widely adopted by society. Unfortunately, most devices with existing 3G connections, such as modems, may only provide Internet access to one device only. For multiple devices, we need wireless access point. The Engenius ETR9350 portable access point is a choice for you who need it. ETR9350 is a 2T2R Wireless Single chip 11N Travel AP/Router that delivers up to 6x faster speeds than 802.11g devices.
ETR9350 drives superior performance and unparalleled wireless range.
With easy to use on the WPS function, it helps users to connect to wireless device with just one push button. The 9350 has a mains power input and does not incorporate an inner battery, which makes it lighter and much less expensive.
There are only two options in ETR9350 connection, an ethernet port and a USB port. Ethernet port on ETR9350 can be used either as a WAN or LAN port on a specific configuration. While the USB port can be used as a means of connecting this unit with a modem.
A row of indicator lights located on the front side ETR9350, such as 3G, WiFi, WPS, WAN, Power, and the mode of operation lights indicators. There is a WPS button that also can be functioned as a reset button for ETR9350 simply just by press and hold it for 10 seconds.
Hardware and LAN / WAN Connectivity Features:
• Built-in Modem ADSL2/2+ Capability (for modems only)
• Wireless 802.11n
• Removable Antenna
• 3G Capable – USB
• USB Print Server
• Parallel Port Print Server
• Dialup/ISDN Failover
• USB Storage
• FXO Ports for VoIP – 0
• FXS Ports for VoIP – 0
• WAN ports : 0
• LAN ports : 1
• LAN ports type : 10/100 Base-TX (RJ-45)
• LAN ports autocross-over: yes
• USB port type : USB 2.0
• NAT routing : yes
• Multihomed : yes
• DMZ : yes
• Port forwarding : yes
• Port triggering : yes
• DHCP server : yes
• DHCP client : yes
• Dynamic DNS client : yes
• QoS : yes
• UPnP : yes
• MAC Address clone : yes
• WiFi types supported : 802.11b (11 Mbps)
802.11g (54 Mbps)
• WiFi security / authentication : WEP-64bit
(EAP-MD5/TLS/TTLS/PEAP)SSID Broadcast disable
• WiFi mode : Access point
• Wireless bridge (PtP)
• Internal antenna(s) : 1
• Antenna gain : 2 dBi
• Transmit Power : +13 dBm
• Receiver Sensitivity : -70 dBm
• Multiple SSID : yes
• WDS compatible : yes
• WMM (QoS) : yes
• WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): yes
• IPSec passthrough : yes
• L2TP passthrough : yes
• PPTP passthrough : yes
• SPI firewall : yes
• DoS / DDoS Protection : yes
• Filtering : Domain/URL blocking, IP Address filtering, MAC Address filtering
• NAT Security
• SPI Firewall
• Content Filtering (Parental control)
• IPSec VPN Endpoints – 0
• PPtP VPN Endpoints – 0
• Supports VPN passthrough (single session only)
• UPnP Support
• Internet Sharing
• DynDNS Client
Price range: $39
Engenius ETR9350 has three operating modes : AP Router, AP, and Client Bridge. AP Router mode turn ETR9350 serves as a mini wireless router that can share Internet access from cable or 3G connection. While in AP mode, ETR9350 role as a Wireless Access Point connected to a central router via ethernet cable. And the Client Bridge mode as a wireless bridge.
Changing the operation mode can be done easily through a web-based configuration utility that is embedded in the device. Each of the selected mode of operation will announced by the indicator lights on the front side ETR9350. ETR9350 has wireless networking support through standard 802.11n or Wireless-N also equipped with multiple-SSID feature. A variety of additional options, such as the choice of the wireless network mode, SSID number is used, as well as channel selection can also be set easily through a web-based configuration utility.
Like most wireless routers, ETR9350 also supports network security protocols WEP and WPA/WPA2. There are also option to set security standards for each SSID used separately one by one in ETR9350.
When the ETR9350 enable as a AP Router mode with internet source of the ethernet cable connected to the central router. ETR9350 provides a variety of connection options to access the Internet from an ethernet cable, that is Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE, PPTP, and L2TP.
In addition to using an ethernet cable, ETR9350 also support Internet access via modem. Therefore, we also tested the device, still in AP Router mode, by using a modem with a 3G connection, using either GSM or CDMA base. 3G connectivity with GSM and CDMA base has a “Dial
Number” is different, * 99 # for GSM and # 777 for CDMA. ETR9350 able to use both because Engenius not lock option “Dial Number” web-based configuration utility to a particular option so that users are free to enter “Dial Number” as appropriate.
GSM-based 3G with “dial number” * 99 #.
After setting is completed, ETR9350 will self connected to the internet
Engenius succeeded in presenting a solution for sharing Internet access with 3G connectivity to multiple devices via ETR9350. ETR9350 ability to operate in various modes also becomes one of the interesting points of this device. The ETR9350 also have lots of feature installed such as Multiple-SSID, Firewall, and Dial Number.
Engenius also provides a web-based configuration wizard utility for easily user setting, such as configure Internet access.
Unfortunately, the ETR9350 is not as portable as they claimed, at least in term of power because this access point doesn’t have battery included in the unit.
* There are several modes of operation.
* Web-based configuration wizard utility available
* Dial Number from GSM or CDMA-based modem.
* Integrated power adapter.
* No portable battery
* The ethernet port that can’t be enabled as a LAN port on Router AP mode.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- portable access point
- ENGENIUS etr9350
- EnGenius 3G 11n Portable Router & Wireless Access Point
- engenius portable 3g modem
- engenius portable router
- cheap access point
- ETR-9350 Wizard CD
- how to configure engenius 3g router to access point
- login to engenius 3g wireless etr9350 router with default ip
- what is etr9350
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Engenius ETR9360 Review: The Compact and Fast Portable 3G to 3.5G Access Point There are many potable access point available today.One of them is the Engenius ETR9360. This access point has compact hand sized appearance. This access point comes with interesting white glossy...
- Introduce The TRENDNET TEW-655BR3G Portable Router That Offers A Flexible Solution for Mobile Wireless Internet Access Internet broadband service provider getting just wide spreading. This is certainly easier for us to connect to the internet anywhere. With the faster connection, would be more enjoyable if the...
- The D-Link DIR-625 Wireless N Access Point With 4 Ports And Range Booster D-Link the famous Wireless Router producer that’s been known world wide for its reputations. D-Link access points rarely introduce newest product to market. DIR-625 Series emptiness as if answering the...
- How To Improve Your Wireless Access Point Security It’s important to remember that a wireless signal is broadcast and accessible to anyone who has the technology to receive it. By default all traffic is encrypted that travels between...
- Understanding How To Plan A Computer Network For Internet Network Access A Network is a collection of components that are able to communicate with each other. The Internet is essentially a very large network and your home network is a very...