As this is marketed very much as a gaming headset our first test had to be one of the most popular online/pro games like Call of Duty:
Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. In both games the quality produced needs sound equipments such as speakers or headset that can brings out maximum sound features that game produce. The Corsair HS1 gaming
headset was excellent with the most impressive aspect being the clarity of each sound whether it be footfalls, gunfire or massive explosions. Positional audio was also great, very spacious, offering a clear indication of where each sound was coming from.
First held Corsair HS1 gaming headset a little less attractive. Body large and the driver looks oversized or bulky. Views such as gaming headphones with audiophile design generally have a speaker driver with a big bag.
But that was just the appearance, after viewing the detail design Corsair HS1 with the driver turns the speaker on the ear using a large size.
Corsair HS1 has 2 hinges from pole bandana (upper lid), so that drivers can be directed to the 90 degrees upwards and folded 90 degrees toward the inside. Corsair HS1 can be folded like the picture below. So easy to put into the bag. Another interesting part is the microphone. At the midpoint of the pole microphone turned out to be bent. Corsair user can hold the microphone right HS1 anterior mouth so no need to speak loudly so the sound has to be recorded by the mic.
There is another interesting part of Corsair HS1 headset. On the bandana is no place for setting height drivers. So that users can apply the settings to the size of the head. Given the size of the driver with foam as a silencer from the outside. When Corsair HS1 used as the outer voice sounded faint pounding the keyboard directly.
Microphone components, such as the pole is designed with a small plastic, there are 7 holes on the front and rear microphones. At the microphone sound test, recording breaks Corsair HS1 experience under 1 second. Sensitive sound pretty good, just been whispered voice can be recorded by the microphone.
The total cable length is 3 meters Corsair HS1. Long enough to connect the user Corsair HS1 and connect to the USB jack on the computer. Amid the cable there is a device called a USB sound card. Sound cards are
using USB power, so users are not bothered anymore Corsair HS1 with plug microphone or speakers. All together in one cable line. Stay plug the USB port on the end of HS1 Corsair cable, install drivers and all
finished. In the control as shown below is provided also 3 button controls for mic and headphone sound. 2 large buttons are controls for volume, while a center button to control microphone. When Corsair HS1 paired to the USB port, then the status light color on the volume control turned blue. If you want to turn off Microphone function, simply press the center button. Then mark the red light will turn on the microphone means inactive.
Corsair HS1 details:
• Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
• Impedance: 32 Ohms at 1kHz
• Dynamic range: 93dB A-WTD
• USB power consumption: 250mW
• Drivers: 50mm
• Cable: 3 meters
• Connector: USB Type A
• Type: unidirectional noise-canceling condenser
• Frequency response: 200Hz – 10kHz / – 2 dB
• Sensitivity (1mW, 1kHz):-45dB 4/-2 dB
• Acoustically-tuned enclosures with oversized 50mm drivers
• Circumaural, closed-back design
• Replaceable memory foam ear pads with soft fabric covers
• USB Connection
• Dolby Headphone technology provides multi-channel sound and improves audio quality to reduce listening fatigue
• Uni-directional noise-cancelling microphone on adjustable boom
• Extra-large inline volume and microphone controller that’s easy to grab during gameplay
• Control panel software allows you to customize the listening experience
Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP computer with a USB connector.
• HS1 headset with a USB connector and an inline volume control / microphone mute
• Driver / Utility CD for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
• Quick start guide
• Comfortable, oversized 50mm drivers
• Replaceable memory foam ear pads
• Dolby 7.1 surround sound technology
• Volume control over individual virtual channels
• Extremely intuitive and easy to use software
• Stylish good looks
• Surround sound works very well
• Extremely comfortable
• Long braided cable
• Low resource / lightweight software
• Massive 50mm drivers
• Memory foam ear cups
• Sound control panel difficult to use for beginners
• Adjustable boom for mic a bit bulky
• No ability to change from stereo to virtual surround sound except via software
• Voice changer options are gimmicky
• No travel case included
• Extremely forward mids and highs in default setup
• Bass is less than expected from 50mm drivers
Corsair has created an excellent headset with its own sound card built in. A user carries the same sound from computer to computer. If you enjoy movies and gaming, then we recommend this headset with absolutely no reservation. If you enjoy a concert or 5.1 sounds for your music, this headset is excellent as well. If you are an audio purist, this headset is absolutely not for you.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- corsair hs1 settings
- corsair hs1 setup
- best corsair hs1 settings for gaming -review
- corsair hs1 cable length
- corsair hs1 best settings
- corsair hs1
- hs1 corsair how to record
- HS1 settings
- corsair hs1 voice morpher
- corsair HS1 USB surround sound gaming headset software download
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Creative Introduce The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Go! THX TruStudio Pro Delivers USB-based 3D Creative has just announced its latest product, the Creative Sound Blaster Creative X-Fi Go! Pro, the new USB-based audio solution that can deliver TruStudio Pro THX audio technology that allows...
- How To Record Sound & Video Capture Easily On Your Own Customized Games Game made by creative people, involving many engineers, designers until the composer. No wonder a very interesting game, both song and action characters in the game. We can record a...
- Lenovo Introducing The Latest Lenovo ThinkPad X201 12.1 Inch Tablet With Good Performance And Excellent Features Lenovo launched their latest tablet the ThinkPad x201. The ThinkPad X201 Tablet has a 12.1-inch screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and runs with an Intel Core i7, have...
- Acer Introduce The New Acer Aspire 5942 And 8942 Notebooks Powered By Various Intel’s Processor Also With Amazing Sound And Graphic Quality Acer introduces new Aspire series laptop line with the model 5942 and 8942. Both are equipped by the toughness of Intel Core i7, I5 or I3, with capacities reaching 8GB...
- Game Booster The Software For More Stable, Save And Increasing Gaming Performan Game Booster is a freeware software intended to improve the performance of a computer such as computer gaming. But not limited to PC gaming only, can also be applied to...