Game is the best entertainment for your daily work in front of a PC, and games can also bring good fortune when an addict game wins in the competition. Games that made the competition are usually a game that
is played in groups and need a specific strategy to beat the other group. Frankly, play games in groups is more fun than alone. Could defeat a character played other people certainly more challenging than stop character-driven computer program. Not to mention the yelling or verbal abuse that comes out from another colleague when his character was defeated is a sensation that can not be obtained when playing alone.
Unfortunately gaming group or better known as the multiplayer gaming requires an initial investment in network infrastructure a way that sometimes inconvenient when first built. If the room is a high level
of installation difficulty, might be the intention to play multiplayer soon be undone.
Wireless as an Alternative
Actually if you want to experiment a bit, the show had gaming with friends can be done with a simple way, namely by using wireless technology as the main base network. The price of wireless devices is now close to the people enables you to build a network more easily and cheaply. The only thing to keep in mind when deciding to switch to wireless is the quality of the network that will not be as good as cable.
Most multiplayer games require a good bandwidth when operating in the network. Even some games that we tried were still often hampered especially if played by many users. Themed strategy games like Warcraft and Command & Conquer is a game that often have stagnant if played on a wireless network. This is possible because of the large movement of characters that must be reported to each terminal, while the game with fewer characters (First Person Shooter, Role Playing Game and the like) are relatively more smoothly when played.
Tricks Designing Topology
In order for games to run well, there are some tricks that you can follow when designing a wireless network topology.
1. Restrict the user in a single access point. Because of its share of bandwidth in single channel, you must restrict access to users in an access point. An optimal access point MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) can handle up to 5 terminals properly. If it turns out the user exceeds this number, the best way is to add access points to the number of other users. For information to calculate the bandwidth, consider test results table that we show on the product page of choice.
2. Avoid the use of wireless security. Because wireless security can slow the bandwidth to 20%, you should turn off all encryption mode or restricted access to the client via the MAC address.
3. As much as possible hold the terminal to the access point. It deals with the nature of the wireless signal that tends more to deliver data well if the big powers. Automatic terminal closer to the access point, the stronger the signal obtained.
4. Create a dedicated server. In some games this feature is available and allows the computer to allocate most of their resources to serve other gaming terminals.
Star with an access point
If there are 1 to 5 clients that will connect to a network multiplayer game, you can create a topology as shown below. An access point can serve up to 5 users and connected to a game server using a cable.
Star With 2 or more access points (bridged star)
If you find that the terminal numbering more than 5 users then split into several access points is the best technique. The figure below shows the 3 pieces of access points that are connected with cables and one of them connected to the server. Topology model of this kind can serve up to 25 users if a dedicated server is used.
Here are brief steps how to configure access points and clients to be ready to be used for multiplayer gaming. Below we show the configuration by using the Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware artificial-Net NewMedia GmbH. Like most in the market access point, DD-WRT firmware provides QoS
Access Point settings:
1. Specify the IP address of access point.
If more than one access point is used, make sure no same IP address with the client access point or access point to access point.
2. Restrict DHCP
DHCP is used to give IP addresses to clients automatically. Limit the range is only 5 clients for a given IP automatically by the access point.
3. Give priority
To be smooth, give highest priority to the data game through the facilities of Quality of Service (Quos).
If you know the communication port games to be played (we tried War craft Frozen Throne who worked in port 6112), it’s good that information is included in the list of priority Quos. If you use a dedicated server and connect to one LAN port on the access point, give this port the highest priority when transmitting data.
4. Turn off the wireless security
Because it can inhibit the connection, if possible, avoid the turn on wireless encryption facilities when playing multiplayer games.
At this point the access point you are ready to be a friend to play multiplayer games. To be more complete, here we show you how to connect the client.
1. Find a network that is available. Make sure each client connects to an access point in accordance with the topology on the preliminary draft.
2. Signal monitor
If the connection is already happening, monitor wireless signal strength. A powerful signal ranging from 3 to 5 bars with a minimum speed of 11 Mbps.
Game Configuration Example
Once the infrastructure is ready for use, it is time to try to play multiplayer games on wireless networks are already available. For example, we tried to do a brief configuration at Warcraft III: Frozen Throne.
Game theme of this strategy does not provide a dedicated server, so that one player must be configured as well as the server. To avoid loss of quality specialized terminal that acts as a server we are connected to the LAN port using a cable access points. If not possible, the terminal server can be selected from a PC that has a minimal distance and obstacles to the access point.
Configuration on the game servers
Almost no difference between the configuration on the client side and serve. It’s just the server must be connected and start the connection first.
1. Local Network Game
On the main menu Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, select Local Area Network
2. Create Game
The next step is to create a new game session. Do not forget to give your player name in the Player Name is at the same time as the server name, here we use the server name DeadChest.
3. Determine the battle map
Since this computer will act as a server, specify the battle map is already available. Then again click on the Create button Game
4. Ready for action
Game servers are ready. Now we just wait for other players to join this server. If fewer players, take advantage of computer services to make them complete. Then click on Start Game.
Configuration on the client side
Not much difference on the client side configuration. If the server is ready, you just join and wait for the server to start the game. To join, the following steps.
1. Local Network Game
Just like on the server, before it can play multiplayer, the client must click this button.
2. Join servers
Next just choose a server that already provides a gaming session.
DeadChest Server is a server that is configured with the above steps.
If you have reached this screen, you’re ready for war. While waiting for the server to start the game, you can choose from 4 characters available team. If confused, use the random mode to let the computer
select the character.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- wireless multiplayer games
- fun home wireless network tricks
- wireless 2 player games
- tutorial multiplayer game wireless connection
- pc multiplayer games connected with other players
- multiplayer wireless games for laptops
- how to multiplayer frozen throne wireless
- how to connect frozen throne through wireless#
- how do I play multiplayer on a wireless network?
- wireless pc multiplayer
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Get The Maximum Video-Audio Signal Quality And Real Gaming Experience With The HDMI output HDMI technology makes the monitor cable system can be more practical. Interface on HDMI cables together for both audio and 3D images. There is one advantage of HDMI technology, some...
- Game Booster The Software For More Stable, Save And Increasing Gaming Performan Game Booster is a freeware software intended to improve the performance of a computer such as computer gaming. But not limited to PC gaming only, can also be applied to...
- Basic Wireless Knowledge Wireless network is actually not as difficult as the network cable system even easier. WIFI or Wireless network system does not require a connecting cable between the computer networks. If...
- How To Record Sound & Video Capture Easily On Your Own Customized Games Game made by creative people, involving many engineers, designers until the composer. No wonder a very interesting game, both song and action characters in the game. We can record a...
- How To Setup Ad Hoc Networks : Wireless Network Without Using a Router Internet using wireless networks or wireless is fun because it can connect to the internet anywhere. In general jarigan wireless using wireless router is quite expensive, but do not panic...