Currently, Blackberry users can enjoy the Internet through mobile phones is the way makes it as a modem. So if the browser view that there is a shortcoming of the phone, your blackberry with the facilities that function as a modem this can we do.
Here’s how to do the settings on your computer using the Blackberry as
a GPRS modem:
1. Install BlackBerry Desktop Software installation CD included in the
2. Follow the entire installation process to complete.
3. Connect your Blackberry device to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Check the connection through BB desktop manager, Open BB desktop manager, select menu Option –
5. Connection Settings. On the Connection column, select USB-PIN: and press the button detect
6. When the connection occurs pop up windows will appear with the
words “USB Device found. PIN: xxxxxx ”
7. Furthermore, Internet setup conecction via Start – Settings – Control Panel
8. Double-click Phone and Modem Options.
9. In the Phone and Modem Options window, click the Modems tab.
10. Select Standard Modem and click Properties.
11. Click Change Settings
12. In the Standard Modem Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
13. In the Extra initialization commands field, type the Following commands: + CGDCONT = 1, “IP”, www.providername (XL,Indosat,etc).net
14. Click OK.
15. In the Phone and Modem Options window, click OK
After completing the above steps, then do the Dial Up Connection
Settings GPRS, here’s how:
1. Click Start> Settings> Network Connections.
2. Double-click New Connection Wizard. The New Connection Wizard opens.
3. Click Next.
4. Select the Connect to the Internet option. Click Next.
5. Select Set up my connection manually. Click Next.
6. Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Click Next.
7. If the Select a Device screen appears, select the Modem – Standard Modem check box. Click Next.
8. In the ISP Name field, type a name for your connection example
“XL”. Click Next.
9. In the Phone number field, type * 99 #. Click Next.
10. Indicate the which users have access to the will of connection. Click Next.
11. Type the user name “providername (xlgprs, etc)” and password “ProXL”.
12. Click Next. Click Finish.
13. In the Connect window, click Properties.
14. In the Properties window, verify That Modem – Standard Modem
appears Beneath the Connect using heading, and then click Configure.
15. In the Modem Configuration window, clear the Enable hardware flow control check box and make sure none of the other check boxes are selected. Click OK. In the Properties window, click OK
Setting up Blackberry As A Modem In Macintoch Computers (MAC)
A little bit different from setting up blackberry as a modem for
windows computer, in MAC we have to do an unique treatment. Here’s how:
Set up the bluetooth device :
1. Make sure that Bluetooth devices at the Apple notebook and handset in a state of On.
2. Start by running the Bluetooth icon, Clik symbolnya and make sure
Bluetooth: On which there are on the menu, if not click Turn Bluetooth
On Pairing the blackberry with Mac :
1. Check the Bluetooth settings on a BlackBerry handset, Bluetooth and Enable Set Up
2. Set up Bluetooth Device :Bluetooth items are dimenu bar, or System Preferences> Bluetooth> Devices and click Set up New Device
3. Then will open the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, click Continue and
select mobile phone as device type
4. Mac looking for mobile phones, select the BlackBerry Device’s name
contained in the list, then click Continue.
5. Enter the passkey found in the Mac and accept the connection
requests from the BlackBerry Device
6. Select the services you use, click the Access the Internet with
your phone’s data connection and select use a direct, higher speed
connection to reach your Internet Service Provider (GPRS, 1xRTT), and
7. Modem Setup Script, need to fill your username and password> type indosat, GPRS CID String> type indosatgprs, then select the BlackBerry Modem Script and then click Continue Click Quit to completion of.
Set the network connection setting :
1. Open System Preferences> Network
2. Select “Location” and then click New Locations type> BlackBerry
(Optional), then on “Show” Select Bluetooth
3. PPP Parameters :
Service Provide> Type indosatgprs (for example) Account Name and Password> Type indosat Telephone Number> Type indosatgprs
4. Bluetooth Modem select BlackBerry and then click Apply Now
Open the internet connection
Click the Phone icon located on the menu bar, anaesthetized Click Open
Bluetooth Internet Connect Configuration.
Telephone Number> type indosatgprs (for example)
Account Name> type indosat
Password> type indosat Click Then Click Connect
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- GPRS modem
- gprs settings for blackberry
- modem xl -filetype:pdf -filetype:ps -filetype:dwf -filetype:kml -filetype:kmz -filetype:xls -filetype:ppt -filetype:doc -filetype:rtf -filetype:swf
- blackberry modem tutorial
- setting blackberry modem XL
- setting gprs modem xl
- setting connection modem XL
- seting indosat gprs modem
- seting indosat BB
- set up blackberry xl
Related Computer Tutorial:
- How To Setup Modem Manually To Stabilize and Speed Up Internet Access Looking at the development of internet users now, the average among us must have the desire to have a personal internet connection. Than we spend on materials and time to...
- Useful Tips to Threat Your BlackBerry Correctly Blackberry is not an ordinary cell phone, but a Smartphone. In this article we shares some useful tips to keep your blackberry in its performace These tips apply to all...
- Buzzcity launches The Software Development Kit (SDK) for BlackBerry Mobile media company BuzzCity has launched a software development kit (SDK) for BlackBerry. The SDK will enable BlackBerry developers to publish ads on BuzzCity’s network within BlackBerry apps, earning revenue...
- Speed up Your Internet Connection Only With USB Cable Repeater Get smooth and fast connection to the desire of each Internet user. Conversely, playing a slow internet connection really messing up our work . Remember in the 2000’s ? To...
- How To Disabling ‘Error Reporting’ in Windows XP The error reporting feature in Windows XP is turned on by default but you may want to disable error reporting for privacy concerns, if you’re not connected to the Internet...