Shortly after the introduction of the Pentium M 620, Intel introduced a new variant of the Pentium M, the Pentium G 840. Let’s take a closer look on it.
Pentium M offers the attractive combination of price and performance.
At the time of the Pentium M 620 test we found that the performance offered by the Pentium M series is qualified, plus the price is quite cheap. Pentium G 840 is the latest variant of the present series Pentium G. We certainly expect an increase in performance given that
Intel will not introduce a new variant without introducing something different to the previous model.
The difference between the two 200 MHz Pentium M produces the difference in performance by 11% in this 3D application. While the Pentium G 840 with 540 i3 seen a difference of 11% for excellence I3 540.
In this benchmark the performance of the Pentium G 840 Pentium M comes between 620 and 540 I3. Pentium M 840 different 11% above its predecessor Pentium G 620 and 11% below I3 540.
Excel 2010 – Montecarlo
When faced with the benchmarks like more cores and higher clock speed Pentium M 840 seen lagging by 22% from 540 I3. The results are quite reasonable considering I3 540 has 2 cores 4 threads, while the Pentium M 840 has only 2 cores pure.
Pentium M 840 appears to have performance that was disappointing. Only 6-9% of the left i3 2100, but capable to overcome its Pentium M 620 at 9-10% with 8% difference in clock speed. When compared to the first generation i3 visible difference in performance is quite far away,
FastStone Photo Resizer
Visible performance increase of 9% of the Pentium M 620 to increase the speed of 200 MHz is quite reasonable. Dropping the Pentium M 840 of 540 I3 on the application is quite reasonable considering the differences in clock speed and number of cores.
Photoshop CS 5
Because it uses a core based Pentium M Sandy Bridge looks capable of passing 840 I3 540 in this benchmark despite losing the clock speed and number of cores. The differences are both at 10%, a significant distance.
The increase in clock speed of 200 MHz from the previous model make the Pentium M 840 is able to pass 540 i3 performance in this benchmark by 3-5%.
Resident Evil 5
Test results as if the game Resident Evil 5 on the test mirror previous games. Even at a resolution of 1360 × 768 Pentium M 840 looks capable of matching the performance of I3 2100.
Pentium M 840 overall take second place in this benchmark, beating i3 540. Although visible behind 20% of competitors in the score but the Pentium M CPU 840 is able to pursue in the GPU test and successfully led 69%.
The Intel Pentium M 840 is an alternative for those who require more speed but in cheaper price. Similarly, the non-K Bridge Sandy others CAN NOT overclock this processor because multiplier is locked and the “FSB” it is hard to be raised. To get more performance you must be willing to spend a little money. The price difference between the Pentium M 620 and 840 is only about IDR 65,000. For users who want to get a faster performing these prices seem small.
The presence of a Pentium M 840 makes an interesting alternative to be adopted. Increase clock speed by 8% (200 MHz) of the Pentium M 620 results in increased performance by nearly 10% in each benchmark. With the difference in price only IDR 65,000 this processor to be
attractive alternatives to want more performance but have a slightly limited funds.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- Pentium G review
- cpu 840 i3
- Pentium g840 pdf
- Pentium G840 overclocking
- Pentium G
- intel g840 cpu vs i3540
- intel g620 photoshop
- i3 840
- how good is pentium g840
- g840 übertakten
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Intel Pentium M Processor 620 Review: The Intel’s Cheapest Sandy Bridge Processor Today Intel Pentium G620 is a dual-core microprocessor for budget desktop PCs. Unlike previous generation of Pentium G69xx CPUs, that had two separate dies with CPU cores and memory/graphics controllers in...
- AMD Bulldozer 8 Core Processor Claims 50% Faster than the Intel Core i7 950 Based on the DonanimHaber website, AMD reported to provide a document processor performance numbers with latest CPU architectures in a presentation to the partners. The document quoted by comparing the...
- Intel Presents Intel Core i7 980X Gulftown Processor for Your Extreme Overclocking Performance Intel has launched their latest Intel Core i7 980X or nicknamed the Gulftown. The processor equipped with six cores and has been using 32 nm fabrication processes. For that, this...
- Increase Your Computer Performance With The Affordable Intel Core i7875K Unlocked Multiplier Processor Overclocking is no longer an occupation for the elite. Today it is a mass phenomenon that involves not only a wide range of computer enthusiasts, but also computer hardware makers....
- Knowing Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 The Fastest Processor Beyond The Previous Quad Core And In Affordable Worthed Price Intel puts words QX6850 Core 2 Extreme, usually with the word Extreme processors are placed in the highest class. Core 2 Extreme QX6850 has four cores from 2 pieces in...