AMD Radeon HD 6850, DirectX 11 graphics cards from AMD’s second generation is the cheapest option if you really are targeting AMD’s graphics card series Radeon HD 6000. The performance of AMD’s own Radeon HD 6850 is positioned above the performance of the AMD Radeon HD 5830. AMD Radeon HD 6850 sold at least $ 179 (online shop prices) and is a rival NVIDIA GTX 460 768MB which sold at least $ 169 (online shop prices). The Digital Alliance Radeon HD 6850 comes with simple equipment. Let’s take a closer look on it.
Stream Processors 960
Texture Units 48
ROP Units 32
Graphics Clock 775 MHz
Memory Clock (effective) 4000 MHz
Memory Size 1024 MB
Memory Type GDDR5
Memory Interface 256-bit
Codename Barts Pro
Fabrication Process 40 nm
Transistor Count 1.7 Billion
Die Size 255 mm ²
Power Connectors 6-pin
Power Supply 500 Watts
Thermal Design Power (TDP) 127 Watts
DirectX Version 11
Bus Support PCIe 2.1 x16
Chip AMD Radeon HD 6850
Interface PCI Express 2.1 x16
D-Sub Output No
DVI Output 2 pieces
HDMI Output Yes
Display Port Output Yes
Hardware User Manual and Warranty Card, Driver CD, DVI to D- Sub, and Coupons Sweepstakes.
Nothing special on the 6850 HD Digital Alliance specification for this graphics card is still using the specifications of the AMD Radeon HD 6850 reference.
This is the outer packaging HD Digital Alliance 6850. You would be familiar with this product packaging design that seems to have become a tradition on this one manufacturer.
Sales package of HD Digital Alliance 6850 consists of:
* User Manual and Warranty Card
* CD Driver
* DVI to D-Sub
* Coupon Lottery
6850 HD Digital Alliance has used non-reference HSF. Non-reference HSF is comprised of a number of fins of the heatsink, two copper heatpipes, and a fan diameter of 9 cm.
We also measure the temperature of HD Digital Alliance 6850 and this is the result:
AMD Radeon HD 6850 reference
* Full-load: 75 ° C (fan speed 43%)
* Idle: 50 ° C (fan speed 22%)
6850 HD Digital Alliance
* Full-load: 66 ° C (fan speed 57%)
* Idle: 39 ° C (fan speed 34%)
PCI Express 2.1 x16 connectors. This graphics card can still be used on PCI Express slot that has different versions such as PCI Express 1.0 x16
* Processor: Intel Core i7 930 @ 4 GHz (200 × 20)
* Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
* Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 500 & GTX 400 Series: AMD Radeon HD 6000
* Memory: 3 × 2GB Kingston HyperX blu. (@ 1600 MHz, 1.64 V)
* Storage: Kingston SSDNow V + Series 64 GB & SSDNow V Series 30 GB (no-
* Power Supply: Coolermaster Silent Pro 800 Watt Gold
* Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
* Monitor: Philips 221E
* Input: Genius (Keyboard and Mouse)
* OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
* Driver: ForceWare 266.58, 266.66 (NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti); Catalyst Hotfix 11.1a
Digital Alliance characteristic still felt on this one of their products and one of them visible in the sales package. It is not much given to the sales package HD Digital Alliance 6850. However, for some users the sales package is quite sufficient. In addition to the relatively modest sales package, the appearance of HSF HD Digital Alliance 6850 is also quite ordinary. However, the performance of non-reference HSF used by the HD Digital Alliance 6850 turned out better than the performance of HSF AMD Radeon HD 6850 reference. One
thing that is unfortunate enough power consumption HD Digital Alliance 6850 is higher than the power consumption of AMD’s Radeon HD 6850 reference. Talking about performance, the HD Digital Alliance 6850
using the same specifications with AMD HD 6850 reference does have a performance that is not much different from the performance of the AMD Radeon HD 6850 reference. Overall, the performance of HD Digital
Alliance 6850 is quite fast in some games and competing with the performance of NVIDIA NVIDIA GTX 465 and GTX 460. Even so, the Digital Alliance HD 6850 still have to recognize the benefits of both cards NVIDIA is on testing the use of feature Tessellation intensively, as in Heaven Unigine 2.1 and DirectX 11 Lost Planet 2. However, if you are not satisfied with the performance of the default HD Digital Alliance 6850, you can easily overclock this graphics card is up to the maximum limitation clocked HD 6850.
* Performance is better than the performance HSF HD 6850 reference
* HSF fan is fairly quiet with the setting “Auto”
* Capable on quite good overclocking
* Power consumption is higher than the power consumption of the reference HD 6850
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- hd 6850 cooler
- radeon 6850 heatsink
- hd6850 cooler
- digital alliance 6850
- 6850 heatsink
- 6850 no vga
- cooler hd6850
- DIGITAL ALLIANCE Radeon HD 6790
- quiet 6850 hsf
- performa digital alliance radeon hd6790
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Introducing The Latest AMD Radeon HD 6870 & 6850 Graphic Cards With The Hi-Tech Barts Chip Throughout the year 2010 yesterday, we were treated with the thrill of competition between ATI and Nvidia graphics card market. Each serving whiz-whiz best in each class to compete and...
- Sneak Peeking The Latest AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 6790 Graphic Card With Good Gaming Performance Since the launch of the Northern Islands graphics cards, AMD has filled the market with high-end and mid-range graphics cards that were based on either the Barts or Cayman GPU....
- Introducing The VTX3D Radeon HD 6970 Graphic Card With Cinematic Games Experience With more than twice the processing power of previous generation AMD discrete graphics cards, ATI Radeon HD 6900 Series graphics cards deliver a cinematic gaming experience and unprecedented performance. This...
- The Nvidia Point of view GTX 460 Graphic Cards Reference Design Presents Cooling Since the launch of Fermi in the second quarter of 2010 with engines GTX 480, NVIDIA seems to want to continue to put pressure on rival AMD. Not so long...
- AMD Unveils The New AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Graphics Card After previously well known with the brand ATI Radeon, recently AMD has acquisites the ATI Radeon and introducing the latest AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card. According to media release...