Acer keeps on continue its domination as one of the leading manufacturers of notebooks in the world The latest is Acer Iconia, the notebook comes with a tablet-like functionality. With two 14-inch touchscreen at 1366 x 768 resolution, Iconia powered by prossessor Intel Core i5-480M / 560M / 580M, Intel HD Graphics 128 MB RAM, various choices of capacities 320 / 500 / 640 / 750 GB hard drive, 4 GB DDR3 memory, HDMI Output, and the various features of the today’s notebook.
Physically, the Iconia looks very similar to any other Acer laptop, but in the traditional place of the keyboard sits a second 14-inch touchscreen. The two screens are divorced by about two inches in total, so while the Windows desktop extends across both panels, it’s
not quite as slick and seamless as you might expect. Acer has attempted to join the two screens together and make the Windows 7 interface more manageable by using its own overlay called the Acer Ring, which appears on the bottom screen.Double touch screen display will stafisty your hunger for tablet navigation screen. You will be able to open various applications that you want grouped in a variety of simple categories. The interesting thing is that the bottom and the top screens synchronized each other. So if the application of Social Network on the bottom screen you find a video link, you just make a click, and the video will appear on the screen above.
Like most Android Honeycomb tablets, the Iconia Tab’s front is all bezel and screen (and a tiny front-facing cam), intentionally designed without any buttons to let you hold and use the slate in any orientation. However, unlike most of its competitors the Iconia Tab has an orientation lock switch (on its “top” edge) to save you the trouble of digging through a software menu. There’s also a volume rocker up top, sadly, both of these buttons are made of cheap plastic, sunk into the aluminum frame, and rather difficult to press, which somewhat detracts from the generally classy feeling of the Iconia Tab.
Iconia also adopted cloud computing system that will allow you to share multimedia content with other system users. With a name Clear.Fi Media Sharing, this feature will allow you to handle your multimedia content.
Like the Motorola Xoom and T-Mobile G-Slate, the Iconia Tab supports Adobe Flash 10.2, but, as on the G-Slate, you’ll have to follow a link in the Apps Menu to Flash’s Android Market page to download and install the most recent version. And since there’s still no Android
3.0 version of Facebook, Acer’s solution is to have a browser link to Facebook, right in the Apps menu. At least Acer calls it a link to Facebook, unlike RIM’s approach on the BlackBerry.
The Multimedia section is prepopulated with links to Photo Browser 3D (Acer’s own app for viewing photos), NemoPlayer (customized by Acer for photos, videos, and music), MusicA, Aupeo!, YouTube, and Clear.fi.
And the Game Zone links to the included versions of the games Need for Speed: Shift and Let’s Golf.
If you’re set on buying an Android tablet today, the Iconia Tab is one of the best bets at this writing–it tops the Xoom in functionality, and its $450 price is significantly cheaper than the $750 no-contract price of the G-Slate. The Iconia Tab is no iPad-killer, but it does
give hints of the power of Android’s more open and flexible platform.
• Helpful customizations software
• USB host port and microSD card slot
• Fine touchscreen grid is bothersome on display
• Heavier and bulkier than other tablets
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- acer tablet tutorials
- acer tablet tutorial
- acer iconia tablet tutorial
- acer android tablet tutorial
- acer iconia tutorial
- android tablet tutorial
- acer iconia a500 tutorial
- acer tablet android tutorial
- acer tablet android tutorials
- acer photo browser 3d
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Introducing The OlivePad VT-100 3G Android Tablet Computer From India With Complete Features And Good Value For Money Olive Telecoms has launched Olive Pad First 3G Tablet Android Mobile Phone for India known as Olive VT100. The Olivepad VT100 is a Dual Sim Phone with WCDMA and GSM...
- Introducing The Impressive New Comer SmartQ T7-3G Android Tablet The SmartQ T7-3G is an android tablet from Chinese vendors. This product is part revival brighten tablet PCs in the country. Actually, there are two versions of SmartQ T7, one...
- Available Now The Android 3rd Generation Honeycomb For Tablet Devices Honeycomb is 3.0 Android operating system that is destined for the tablet platform. Providing more performance than previous-generation operating system. Various interesting features will be present at the Honeycomb that...
- Introducing The Asus Eee Transformer Pad Android 3.0 Tablet That Looks Like A Netbook With Complete Features And Compatible Price Asus formally launched the Asus Eee Pad Transformer a tablet as solution that provides multimedia enjoyment to users. Asus Eee Pad Transformer comes first in Taiwan and will be followed...
- Introducing The OlivePad V-T100 Android Based 7 Inch Screen Tablet With Froyo 2.2 Operating System With Good Performance There have been many tablets with Android operating system that circulated in Indonesia. However, the tablets are many who do not yet have a complete feature. In fact, there are...