Olive Telecoms has launched Olive Pad First 3G Tablet Android Mobile Phone for India known as Olive VT100. The Olivepad VT100 is a Dual Sim Phone with WCDMA and GSM Sim Options. Olive VT100 comes with many new unique features. Olive Pad-VT 100 is the first 3G Pad of India.
OlivePad VT-100 is a 7” touch screen device powered by Android operating system. This multi functional pad supports 3.5 HSUPA, WiFi and Bluetooth.
Olive Pad V-T100 Features:
• Touchscreen display
• Google Android OS
• India’s First 3G Tablet Android Mobile Phone
• 3.5G HSUPA Connectivity
• Qualcomm MSM7227 Chipset
• 512MB NAND Flash and microSD expandability up to 32GB
• 7 inch Large Touch Screen TFT Display
• 3 Mega Pixel with Digital Zoom
• Secondary front camera for video call
• Wi-fi (802.11b/g)
• Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
• G-Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
• Mobile TV
• Internet Browsing
• Social Networking Applications(Orkut, Facebook, Picasa, Flickr)
• Voice and Video Calling
• Web browsing with flash support.
Android 2.1 Now; 2.2 Later
The OlivePad-VT100 uses Android 2.1 as its OS and that means access to both Google Mobile Services and the Android Market. All the regular Google Mobile Services work flawlessly on the tablet, which means that
you can check your Gmail account, watch YouTube videos through the YouTube app, directly search your phone or the Web using the Google toolbar, sync your contacts and calendar on the tablet with their
online counterparts or just plan your next trip using Google Maps easily and with minimum fuss.
The same can be said about installing and executing apps from the Android Market, it feels natural and works fine. However, the more apps we installed, small issues began cropping up. The first issue was something we were anticipating. Due to the OlivePad-VT100′s 7-inch display, there were some apps that were only occupying about 1/3rd of the display. Also, very few of these apps actually aligned themselves to the centre of the screen and were usually hanging around at one of the top corners. Subsequently, there were some issues with the onscreen control buttons in some apps not being placed accurately onscreen. Reading e-books and comics on the OlivePad-VT100 is a pretty good experience. We used the pre-installed Aldiko book reader (also downloadable from the Android Market) and the free Android Comic Viewer (ACV) app to test out the OlivePad-VT100. The display is suited for reading e-books and comics and there are plenty of apps that let you do so easily and in style.
If you also want to engage in some office work on the OlivePad-VT100, then it lets you do that through the pre-installed Documents to Go app that lets you view and edit Word docs, Excel sheets and PowerPoint
presentations and also read your PDF documents.
Design & Usability
The OlivePad-VT100 doesn’t take the road less travelled in terms of design. It is solidly built and looks like a big slab of glass and plastic. Both the back and front are flat and the only hint of curves that exist are on the corners. The entire tablet is encased by a metal rim which adds to the tough build quality.
The OlivePad-VT100′s 7-inch display might not be as large as the Apple iPad’s, but it’s still large enough to not warrant any complaints.
However, the display quality is far from perfect and honestly, at 7 inches, you won’t expecting the screen to be able to display at a higher resolution (after all, the iPad’s 10-inch display manages to output an impressive 1024×768). Also, the display looks dull and there is a strange pinkish tint that appears whenever the color white takes over the screen (for instance, when reading an e-book or Word document). The display also all but disappears under sunlight which is a pity.
The OlivePad-VT100 offers virtual QWERTY keyboards both in landscape and portrait modes but its really difficult to use both versions. In landscape mode, the keyboard takes up half of the screen and is made
up of huge keys making it tough to type using two thumbs as it takes effort to reach the keys in the centre of the keyboard with either thumb. In portrait mode, for same strange reason, the keyboard still takes up a considerable amount of space but the keys themselves turn into narrow buttons that uselessly take up more vertical space than the necessary horizontal space. As a result, although it feels natural to type using thumbs in this mode, accuracy is greatly hampered thanks to the narrow keys.
Browsing, Multimedia And Gaming
With the default Android web browser and its great pleasure to browse the internet using the Android browser on the large 7-inch display.
The OlivePad-VT100 lets you use multi-touch input to zoom as well as using the standard zoom buttons. The downside again surfaces in the form of the touch accuracy. You would be often ended up tapping on the
wrong links and had to really zoom into pages to do so perfectly.
Music & Video
A 7-inch display seems perfect for portable video viewing and you can actually watch entire movies comfortably on the OlivePad-VT100′s display. The device itself supports only MP4 and H.264 videos and you
will have to use an external media converter for videos of other formats. Music playback is also decent and it’s good that you can use your own earphones with the device. However, we hardly think the OlivePad (thanks to its size) will replace your MP3 players or mobile phones as something that takes care of your needs for music on the move. The OlivePad’s 3Mp camera is just about okay but it won’t replace your digital camera (or even a 5MP camera phone) for sure. Images are colorful (if oversaturated) with little noise but less
details too. The camera can record VGA videos as well. Finally, the OlivePad-VT100 has a battery rated at 3240mAH but it ran out pretty quickly with the Wi-Fi on and a game running for more than 45 minutes.
The OlivePad also took a considerable amount time to charge over USB.
Olivepad VT-100 Specifications:
Processors : Qualcomm MSM 7227 600 MHz
RAM : 512 MB
Graphics card : Adreno 200
GSM : 850/900/1800/2100
WCDMA : 900/1900/2100
Chipset Qualcomm : MSM7227 GPRS Class 12
Dimensions : 179.4 x 110 x 11.5
Screen : 7 inch TFT Capacitive Touchscreen Display 800×480 WVGA
Memory : 512 MB+ 512 MB Memory Card support up to 32 GB
Phonebook memory : 2000
SMS memory : 500
3.5 mm audio jack : Yes
Charging : Mini USB
Battery : Li-Po
Capacity : 3240mAh
Standby time : GSM: 400h WCDMA: 550h
Talktime : GSM: 1200minutes WCDMA: 480 minutes
Camera : 3 MP Autofocus 4X zoom
Audio formats : Supported MIDI, MP3, AMR, AAC, AAC+
Speaker : Dual
Video Streaming : Yes
Video Formats : 3GP
Bluetooth : v2, AD2P
WiFi : 802.11 b/g, Compass, G-sensor, Amient Light sensor
Email : Pull email, MMS, WAP, GPS, PC-sync, Speaker, Vibration stopwatch, calendar, calculator, world clock
Weight : 328 grams
Guarantee : 1 Year
Price range : Rp 4, 599 million
Twin slot contains a SIM card slot and microSD / SDHC
Emergency button to return to the default setting
Quite unique video call camera
• Compact design
• Complete features and functions
• Not able to handle complex graphics work
• Small internal storage capacity
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- olive pad complaints
- olivepad pdf
- external keyboard for olive pad
- bluetooth keyboard for OLivePAD
- tablet android 3g
- olivepad android 3 0
- does olive pad has reset button
- olive pad use a t mobile sim
- usb keyboard for olive
- OLIVE PAD
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Introducing The OlivePad V-T100 Android Based 7 Inch Screen Tablet With Froyo 2.2 Operating System With Good Performance There have been many tablets with Android operating system that circulated in Indonesia. However, the tablets are many who do not yet have a complete feature. In fact, there are...
- Introducing The Asus Eee Transformer Pad Android 3.0 Tablet That Looks Like A Netbook With Complete Features And Compatible Price Asus formally launched the Asus Eee Pad Transformer a tablet as solution that provides multimedia enjoyment to users. Asus Eee Pad Transformer comes first in Taiwan and will be followed...
- Introducing The Impressive New Comer SmartQ T7-3G Android Tablet The SmartQ T7-3G is an android tablet from Chinese vendors. This product is part revival brighten tablet PCs in the country. Actually, there are two versions of SmartQ T7, one...
- Available Now The Android 3rd Generation Honeycomb For Tablet Devices Honeycomb is 3.0 Android operating system that is destined for the tablet platform. Providing more performance than previous-generation operating system. Various interesting features will be present at the Honeycomb that...
- Introducing The Sense Of The Latest Axioo Picopad Tablet Here it PICOpad Axioo, The Newest design of Axioo. These devices are not a tablet, nor a phone, but call it a MID (Mobile Internet Device).Axioo Picopad is essentially a...