A new concept called Libretto W100 PC created by Toshiba that is expected to become a competitor iPad, will be present with a complete operating system Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Pentium processor, 2GB
of DDR3 memory and 62GB SSD. With the dual screen PC Libretto W100, users can use Windows applications commonly used such as Microsoft Office and video chat such as Skype. Other technologies such as
Bluetooth 802.11b/g/n4 and flexibility also exists for hotspot connections or devices with wireless accessories such as a mouse, headphones and so forth, also exist in this W100 Libretto notebook PCs. Weighing only 1.8 pounds, the Libretto W100 is designed to provide experience about the internet, multimedia playback, and
multitasking on a laptop standard, with two touchscreen display with 7-inch diagonal size. Multi-touchscreen on both screens to work separately or together, provide flexibility to users such as surfing the web on one screen, while on the other user to check email, view two documents simultaneously or view a web page between the two screens. A 3D accelerator Libretto W100 also allows users to rotate in portrait or landscape mode, making this notebook such as newspapers, books or magazines.
Designed for portability, with a metallic color and a clamshell design that protects the screen so as not broken or scratched. Measuring 4.84 inches x 7.95 inches when closed, makes the Toshiba Libretto W100 fit
in a bag. Toshiba Libretto W100 has 6 virtual keyboard plus a virtual touchpad. Keyboard seems simple, full, 10 numeric keys, and have haptic technology to provide sensory feedback when the button is selected to make typing faster, more accurate and easy. Toshiba Libretto W100 will be coming soon via toshibadirect.com.
Toshiba Libretto notebook PC W10 specifications:
• Dual 7.0-inch diagonal multi-touch displays (1024 x 600)
• 6-mode virtual keyboard with haptic response
• Windows ® 7 Home Premium operating system
• Intel ® Pentium ® processor U5400 (1.2GHz)
• 2GB DDR3 memory
• 62GB Solid State Drive
• 1.0-megapixel HD Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition
• 802.11 b / g / n wireless
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• MicroSD card slot
• One USB 2.0 port
• TOSHIBA Bulletin Board, ReelTime ™ and PC Health Monitor software
• 8-cell battery
• 7.95 “(W) x 4.84″ (D) x 1.2 “(H)
• 1.8 lbs.
The most striking characteristic of the W100 is unquestionably its two 7-inch 1024 x 600 pixel touchscreens housed in a diminutive clamshell package measuring 7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches, weighing 1.55 lbs with the
4-cell battery (it’s about 1.8 lbs. with the 8 cell power source).
It’s much smaller and lighter than the average 10-inch netbook.
The W100′s screens are centerpiece of the device since there’s literally nothing else, and they do the job well. They are based on Toshiba’s TrueBright technology and have good brightness, color accuracy, viewing angles, and text is laser sharp.In standard clamshell laptop mode the bottom screen can appear a little dark
compared to the top screen, but fortunately, screen brightness can be set independently, so it’s possible to make the bottom screen brighter than the top and thus even out the brightness. The screens are glossy,
so the W100 isn’t good for outdoor use but it works as well as any laptop in shade.
Keyboard & Mouse
The virtual keyboard and mouse are most impressive and are controlled manually via the button on the left of the bottom screen; press it once to toggle the keyboard and quickly twice to toggle the mouse.
Both work on either screen, even simultaneously, and they provide haptic feedback on both screens as well.The keyboard has six different layouts that allow it to be configured for optimum size and features
based on the task at hand. The virtual track pad, while virtual, is very much like any physical track pad found in netbooks and laptops, many are just smooth surfaces these days anyway. Ironically the W100′s
track pad isn’t multi-touch enabled and it is not quite as effective as the keyboard, but it helps immensely by adding increased precision and comes in particularly handy in situations where apps are a little difficult to work with in Windows 7 given the small screens. The old argument that Windows doesn’t work well on small screen devices is largely mitigated by the track pad.
Ports and Integrated Hardware
There aren’t a lot expansion ports or integrated hardware in the W100, but the necessities are here: one USB 2.0 port, a micro-SD slot, one 3.5mm headphone jack, two internal microphones and a decent one megapixel web cam good for video calls and conferencing. Perhaps the biggest thing not here is a video output, but it should be possible to hook up an external monitor or projector via the USB port.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- hook up an external monitor or projector via the USB port with libretto w100 by usb
- tactile touchscreen laptop toshiba
- notebook new concept
- notebook libreto 2011
- new concept notebooks
- new concept notebook
- NEW COCEPT NOTEBOOK COMPUTERS
- libretto screen brightness
- how to adjust brightness on toshiba libretto w100
- how do i hook up a projector to a toshiba libretto
Related Computer Tutorial:
- Introducing The N101 Speedup Arte Netbook With Dual Operating Systems and Full Support for Faster Browsing After previously introduced the N100 with an Intel Atom N270, is now released its newest product speedup, speedup N101 Arte. N101 speedup Arte is a new variant in the world...
- HP Introducing The New HP ENVY 17 3D : The 3D Notebook with Largest Storage Capacity In this recent mid December, HP offers a new sensation of three-dimensional digital entertainment through the presence of a new series premium notebook, the HP ENVY 17 3D. With innovative...
- The Acer Aspire 5738PG Touch Screen Notebook With Interesting Features And Performance Are you ready to reach out and touch your notebook? Acer wants you to do just that with its Aspire 5738PG, a 15.6-inch laptop that utilizes Windows 7 touchscreen support...
- Introducing The HP Pavilion 2134TX dv6 High Definition Multimedia Notebook With Complete Features and Convenient High-definition multimedia needs will be satisfied thanks to the support facilities available in this product. Not to mention a dazzling display screen makes it more comfortable to the eye. As...
- Introduce The Dell Inspiron 1464 Notebook With Cool Design And Lots of Interesting Features Welcoming the presence Arrandale generation Intel processors (Core i3/i5/i7), Dell also released a series of new notebooks. One is the Inspiron 1464. This 14-inch notebook targeting the home segment and...