The MSI always release a special edition graphics card products beside their main lineup products. This special edition graphics cards are usually equipped with a variety of excellent feature that the MSI graphics card is performing better than the reference version.
Lightning, HAWK, and Power Edition is the name given by the MSI graphics card for this special edition.
After the arrival of AMD’s graphics card series is armed Lightning Cayman XT GPU chip, this special edition named Power Edition. Unlike the Lightning series that uses the GPU chip to the highest specifications, this series uses Power Edition GPU chips that are one level below the Cayman Pro. Graphics Card MSI R6950 named Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC has been crowded with a variety of excellent feature MSI. One thing interesting is some of the features that we encountered in this graphics card turns out we had met on the MSI R6970 Lightning except for the absence of features for overclocking in extreme conditions. Intrigued by this special edition graphics card.
As its name suggests, the R6950 Twin Frozr III is powered by AMD’s Radeon HD 6950 GPU and the card sports MSI’s third-generation Twin Frozr cooler. MSI did more with the R6950 Twin Frozr III than swap the reference cooler with one of their own design, however. The R6950 Twin
Frozr III is outfitted with a custom PCB and has a couple of other interesting additions as well.
Chip : AMD HD 6950
Interface : PCI Express 2.1 x16
Memory Size : 2048 KB
Core Clock : 850 MHz
Memory Clock : 5200 MHz
Stream Processors : 1408
D-Sub Output : Yes (a fruit, using a converter DVI to D-Sub)
DVI Output : Yes (2 fruit)
HDMI Output : Yes (1 Fruits Full-size HDMI)
Display Port Output : There are (2 Fruit mini-DP)
Memory Type : GDDR5
Memory Interface : 256-bit
Packages : R6900 Series manual book, Quick User’s Guide, Driver Disc, 2x Molex to 6-pin power converter, a mini-Display Port to Display Port Full-size converter, DVI to D-Sub converter displays, and Crossfire Bridge.
The letters “OC” behind the product name indicates the MSI graphics card comes clocked higher specification than the specification of the reference clock. MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC is equipped for 850 MHz GPU clock and memory clock of 5200 MHz.
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC Featured:
• Propeller Blade Technology
• MSI’s exclusive design innovation.
• 20% more airflow.
• Cool down more components on the PCB.
• 13.9dB cooler and quieter than the reference HD 6950.
• Power Architecture Edition
• 6 +2 Phase PWM Design
• Higher current to the GPU Power.
• Higher overclocking capability.
• Better stability in peak load.
• Over-Voltage Triple Function
• Support voltage adjustment of GPU, memory & VDDCI.
• Unleash totally GPU performance.
• Afterburner MSI overclocking utility
• Supports advanced fan speed control.
• Supports burn-in stability test.
• Exclusive MSI P / S Switch Function
• Two fan speed profiles – Performance / Silence
• Performance mode provides best cooling demand; Silent Mode balances noise and GPU Temperature
• Military Class II Component
• Hi-C CAP for the GPU provides more precise voltage.
• SFC (Super Ferrite Choke) has higher current for better overclocking ability.
• All Solid CAPs have longer lifespan.
AMD HD 6950 Features:
• Microsoft DirectX 11
• AMD HD3D
• AMD Eyefinity
• AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) Technology
• AMD CrossfireX Technology
• AMD’s PowerPlay Technology
• AMD PowerTune Technology
• Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA)
• Enhance Quality Anti-Aliasing
• Bitstreaming Audio
• Universal Video Decoder 3.0
• PCI Express 2.1 x16
• Dual-Link DVI
• HDMI 1.4a
• Display Port 1.2
This graphics card MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC. MSI GPU chip combines with the Cayman Pro HSF MSI mainstay, Twin Frozr third generation. This graphics card uses the MSI-style architecture which Power Edition graphics card that uses this architecture has 6 +2
Phase PWM Design and Military Class II components.
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC equipped feature Over-Voltage Triple Function that can be accessed using Afterburner MSI applications.
Twin Frozr III equipped HSF fan is 92 mm in diameter amounted to two pieces. This fan uses Blade Propeller fan blades that promises greater airflow and lower noise levels.
HSF Twin Frozr III also equipped five nickel plated copper heatpipes which two of them are Super Pipe heatpipe of 8 mm diameter. Use of HSF Twin Frozr III gives impressive results when we measure the working temperature by using the application Unigine Heaven 2.1. Look at the
AMD HD 6950 2GB
Full-load: 73 ° C (fan speed: Auto 33%)
Idle: 46 ° C (fan speed: Auto 25%)
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC
Full-load: 60 ° C (fan speed: Auto 47%)
Idle: 40 ° C (fan speed: Auto 40%)
Some components such as the Super Military Class II Solid Capacitor and Ferrite Choke seen in the VRM area of graphics card. On the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC, MSI Dual-BIOS switches to move away from the connector Crossfire (previous position of this
switch is adjacent to the Crossfire connector). In addition to the BIOS to switch modes, this switch also serves to change the fan speed profile on the Performance mode or Silence.
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC PCI Express x16 connector is equipped version 2.1 is able to provide a 64 Gbps bandwidth for graphics cards.
Power intake MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC is obtained from the two PCIe power connectors 6-pin. Prepare the power supply with minimum power output of 500 Watt to be able to use this graphics card.
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC has two CrossFire connectors for multi-GPU configurations using, maximum, four AMD HD 6950 2GB. MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC to display the connectors are complete and diverse.
1x Single-link DVI-I connector.
1x Dual-link DVI-I connector.
Full-size 1x HDMI 1.4 port.
2x Full-size Display Port 1.2.
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC is equipped with features Over-Voltage Triple Function makes us wonder what is the clock that can be achieved when using these features. With a few modifications to the application MSI Afterburner, the GPU clocked at 975 MHz and memory clock of 5500 MHz at a maximum voltage setting and fan speed Auto.
Extra performance of approximately 11% successfully obtained when using the clock settings.
The MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC offers above average performance and full features beneath. But of course not all the features present in the Lightning series graphics card.
In terms of gaming performance, the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC does offer high performance in its class. Extra few tens of Megahertz provide extra performance around 7% compared to the performance of AMD’s HD 6950 2GB standard. Monitor with Full HD
resolution images of the right partner for the Cayman Pro on this one.
A variety of overclocking features are pinned certainly help you to further boost the performance of this graphics card. Afterburner MSI application will allow you to overclock as well as access the various features of overclocking on MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition /OC.
Not only is gaming performance, the performance of HSF Twin Frozr III was admirable. Working temperature is lower than the reference AMD HD 6950 2GB to be proof of the superiority of this HSF. Though the graphics card is equipped with clock specifications above specification reference clock.
Overall MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition / OC is an attractive product. The various advantages offered will certainly spoil the users and gamers are going to use this graphics card. However, unfortunate enough to get all the advantages offered by this graphics card you
have to spend about IDR 3,3 million.
• Overclocked out-of-the box.
• HSF Twin Frozr III.
• Low working temperature.
• Feature full and abundant.
• Prices are relatively high.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- twin frozr iii airflow direction
- msi r6950 twin frozr iii hawk
- msi r6950 twin frozr iii enable crossfirex
- msi r6950 twin frozr iii crossfire
- msi r6950 twin frozr iii bios is only 1 writable writable
- MSi R6950 overclock
- msi p/s switch function
- msi n570 twin frozr III silent mode switch how to
- MSI HD 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC
- MSI hd 6950 2gb Twin Frozr III Power Edition OC
Related Computer Tutorial:
- MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II / OC Graphics Card Review MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II / OC graphics card is the GeForce GTX 570 overclocked version. It overclocked at 850MHz on the accelerator, 1700MHz on the shader, and 2200MHz on...
- The New MSI TwinFrozr III Cooler Applied On The Latest MSI Graphic Card Series MSI keeps on developing its dominations in terms of computer appliances specially in graphic cards. With all the performance increasing, certainly the graphic cars need better cooler. For that purpose,...
- The MSI N560GTX Twin-Ti Frozr II Motherboard: Armed Exclusive Features And Good Perfomance The GeForce GTX 560 Ti is the latest addition to the GeForce GTX 500 series from NVIDIA, coming with a very affordable USD 250 price tag, competing directly with the...
- Introducing The Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4 Motherboard With Intel P67 Chipset Equipped With Twin Power Technology Gigabyte is one of the computer manufactures that quick in responding the presence of Sandy Bridge processor. Appear “out of line” with the standard Gigabyte products (which are usually clad...
- Asus EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 Review: The High-end Graphic Card with DirectCU II technology and Other Exclusive Features for Boosting up Performance Asus Radeon HD 6970 graphics card comes with attractive design. If the common high-end type of graphics card even has two slots thick sized, Asus EAH6970 on the contrary comes...