MSI is releasing the HD R5770 Hawk graphics card, which is based on the ATI Radeon HD 5770 GPU. This new card comes with top-of-the-line military class components, a 7+1 phase unit and a Twin Frozr II GPU
cooler. If any of these features sound familiar, it’s because many of these high-end components found on the Hawk series were introduced with MSI’s Lightning series of graphics cards that hit store shelves last year. The Lighting series used the same military class components and cooling solution, making it highly regarded in the enthusiast market. The only problem with the Lightning series though, was that all the cards released in the series were based on high-end NVIDIA graphics cards, which left ATI out in the cold. With that no longer
being the case, the migration of these features to ATI’s graphics cards is very welcome. With such high quality components on a card that has already proven itself to be a great overclocker, it really increases its chance to surpass other graphics cards built on the same core. Add to this though, the ability to adjust the GPU voltage from stock levels up to 1.35V with the use of a on-board voltage regulator and MSI’s Afterburner overclocking tool could make this a HD 5770 that can go further than any other before it.
Hardware ATI Radeon HD 5770 XT or the so-called uniper will be the first card entering HAWX family. Graphics Card MSI ATI Radeon HD 5770 has a component of a good and promising more headroom for overclocking. To cool the GPU, ATI Radeon HD 5770 HAWX will support the design cooling temperature Frozr Twin II.
HAWX MSI Radeon HD 5770 features a stream processor 800, support 128-bit GDDR5 memory, and provide checkpoints to measure voltage vGPU (GPU voltage) and vMEM (memory voltage). To connect an external
display for technology support Eyefinity, MSI graphics card Radeon HD 5770 HAWX features 3 ports, the DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort.
The MSI HD R5770 has more than enough ports to satisfy most users.
There is a DisplayPort and DL-DVI-I port that are both capable of running at 2560 x 1600, and there is also an on-board HDMI port that has a max display of 1920 x 1200 and comes with Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD
Master Audio Support. With the use of these ports, the HD R5770 Hawk can run up to three monitors utilizing ATI’s Eyefinity technology, with a max resolution of 5670 x 1200 spanning the three screens.
Missing, however, is the dual DVI-I configuration found on other HD 5770 graphics cards. This could make setting up Eyefinity a bit more complicated than other cards on the market that use dual ports.
Turning to the back you can see the HD R5770 Hawk requires the use of an additional power source beyond that of the PCIe slot, this additional power is supplied by a single 6-pin power adapter that is situated under the rear portion of the heatsink. Even with the extra needed power connection, the HD R5770 Hawk is not an excessively power hungry and MSI has the card running at around 120 watts while at full load.
The HD R5770 Hawk uses the Juniper (RV840) core, which comes with rather impressive specifications considering it is a mid-range product. The Juniper core is built on 40nm technology, has 800 packed-in Stream Processors, 1.4 billion transistors, 16 ROP units and 40 texture units. The core comes clocked at 875MHz, which is 25MHz faster than the reference models, and there is 1GB GDDR5 memory rated at 1200MHz. The memory uses a 128-bit memory bus, which is half the bandwidth of the more expensive ATI cards, but the effects of this reduction should be minimal with the use of fast GDDR5 memory. The HD
R5770 Hawk has eight total memory chips that are manufactured by Samsung, with the model number K4G10325FE-HC04, which seems to be the standard for ATI’s 5-series cards. To get a better look at the GPU
core and memory, I removed the heatsink and once off you can really see the quality of this card. It has all solid military class components as well as the use of the 7+1 phase design to supply better current throughout the card. The use of these high quality parts should greatly increase the stability, durability, and overclocking potential of HD R5770 Hawk graphics card.
Graphics Engine : ATI Radeon HD 5770
Bus Standard : PCI Express x16 2.1
Memory Type :GDDR5
Memory Size (MB) :1024
Memory Interface :128-bit
Core Clock Speed (MHz) :875
Memory Clock Speed(MHz) :4800
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) :N/A
Texture Fill Rate (Billion/sec) :N/A
DVI Output :1
D-SUB Output :1(via DVI to D-Sub adaptor)
VIVO (Video-in/out) :N/A
HDTV Support :N/A
HDCP Support :Yes
HDMI Support :Yes
Dual-Link DVI :Yes
Display Ouput(Max Resolution) :2560×1600
DirectX Version Support :11
OpenGL Version Support :3.2
CrossFire Support :Yes
SLI Support :N/A
3-way SLI :N/A
HyperMemory Tech. :N/A
TurboCache tech :N/A
Card Dimension(mm) :208 x 111 x 35
• Microsoft DirectX 11 Support
• ATI Eyefinity Technology
• ATI Stream Technology
• 40 nm Process Technology
• Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology
• 2nd Generation TeraScale Engine
• Microsoft Windows 7 support
• ATI CrossFireX Technology
• Enhanced Anisotropic Filtering
• Accelerated Video Transcoding
• HDMI 1.3 Support
• Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Support
• ATI PowerPlay Technology Enhanced Support for GDDR5 memory
• ATI Avivo Technology Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)
• All brand name & products are registered trademarks of their
• All Chipset specs are derived from ATI data sheet.
• Afterburner: co-development by MSI and Rivatuner, MSI releases the ultimate graphics card utility “Afterburner”. This utility enables all MSI graphics cards users to boost performance and to monitor all kinds
of critical information in real-time. Afterburner is a completely free utility which is compatible with almost all MSI graphics card
• DirectX 11: The first fully Microsoft DirectX 11-compatible GPUs in their class, the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series are designed to deliver unbelievable HD gaming performance for the latest games and DirectX 11
applications so you can dominate the competition.
• MSI Solid Capacitor Graphic Card: MSI Graphics Card products utilities high quality solid capacitor. For the gamers and high-end users, this feature not only means that product has better quality components within, but also provide much stronger support while users want to engage in hard-core tuning.
• ATI Stream Technology: Perform tasks on a PC faster with ATI Stream technology, speed up demanding everyday applications and get more done in less time.
• ATI Eyefinity Technology: Enjoy an incredibly immersive HD gaming/computing experience with ATI Eyefinity Technology. This revolutionary multi-display technology allows you to expand your visual real estate across up to three displays with innovative “wrap around” capabilities to maximize your field of view with incredible sharpness and clarity.
• V-Check Points: Bulit-in Voltage measurement points on graphics card or mainboard. No need to read hard and long datasheet to find the voltage reading points
• MSI DOT Express Technology: MSI DOT Express Technology is the most advanced Dynamic Overclocking Technology Express enabling supreme overclocking, cooling and de-noise performance. It is an advanced
overclocking engine, designed to deliver up to 10% extra performance and greatly enhances the synchronized GPU & DDR performance.
• HDMI + DVI Output: HDMI and DVI are the most comprehensive used interfaces for high definition video display. MSI adopts two interfaces to provide a complete output solution for users to enjoy the latest HD video such as blu-ray movie.
• MSI Live Update 4: MSI Live Update 4 is single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility updates and installs for you, which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while
• MSI Live Update online: MSI Live Update online is designed to automatically download and update the BIOS and driver when there’s a new version online. It helps reduce the risk of getting the wrong file
and minimize the trouble of searching the files from MSI website.
• Dual-Link DVI: Dual-link DVI convertible output supports Video/Audio signal integration through DVI to HDMI interfaces which driver resolution of a digital display up to 1920×1200 or higher.
• HDMI Support: MSI graphics cards offer the HDMI functionality to provide access to premium digital content. HDMI enables gaming enthusiasts to seamlessly connect to their LCD monitor to bring the
ultimate multimedia experience. (Only 1 single HDMI cable is required while streaming audio/video data to flat-panel display devices, such as Plasma/LCD TVs, or projector.)
• HDCP Capable: The HDCP provides a robust, cost-effective and transparent method for transmitting and receiving digital entertainment similar to DVI/HDMI-compliant digital displays. HDCP encrypts the date transmitted between the DVI/HDMI connector on the graphics adapter and the display.
• Blu-Ray HD DVD Support: Both support the latest specifications of Blu-ray and HD DVD(High Definition DVD). It comes with the latest GPU and DDRIII superior processing performance in which users can easily
enjoy the high-definition video of 1920×1080(1080p/i).
• RoHS Compliant: MSI products are the first to be in conformity of the EU’s RoHS(Restriction of Hazardous Substances) regulations, reducing heavy metals and toxic materials in the products. This is an effort made for the Earth, and essentially for a clean future.
• Extremely quiet
• Good overclocking potential
• Voltage measurement points demarcated on the PCB
• MSI Afterburner included for overclocking & voltage change
• 40 nm GPU
• Support for DirectX 11
• Support for AMD EyeFinity Technology
• Native HDMI & DisplayPort
• Low temperatures
• High price
• Second DVI or analog VGA port would be more useful than DisplayPort
• No support for CUDA/PhysX
However, no official information regarding pricing and the emergence of news graphics card MSI Radeon HD 5770 this HAWX.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- msi external graphics card release date
- msi external graphics card
- MSI External Graphics Card w/ATI
- msi hawx
- video card military
- msi 5770 eyefinity setup
- Overclocking Radeon Hd 5770 GPU
- extern video card msi
- hawx afterburner
- msi hawx driver crashes
Related Computer Tutorial:
- The MSI GTX 460 Hawk Graphics Card That Support Component Of Military Grade And Higher Overclocking Capability MSI. the company based in Taiwan is as if not ever run out of ideas to continue to innovate to provide the best in the world of hardware products for...
- AMD Unveils The New AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Graphics Card After previously well known with the brand ATI Radeon, recently AMD has acquisites the ATI Radeon and introducing the latest AMD Radeon HD 6800 graphics card. According to media release...
- Comparison Between ATI Radeon HD5800 & HD5700 The Ultimate Graphics Cards With Best Performance The presence of five series graphics card ATI to mark the return of the battlefield. Armed with the support of DirectX 11, this product is the opposite hard for a...
- Vapor-X Sapphire HD5870 Graphics Card With Innovative Heatpipe Cooling System ATI Radeon graphics cards latest version is already pretty much on the market, but most still use the card and the cooling reference design so that everyone has the same...
- Available Soon KFA2 GeForce GTX460 1024MB PCIe 2.0 WHDI The World’s First Wireless Graphics Card Most of us could understand why people don’t want wires with the peripheral that goes to the computer. They have wired peripheral because they hate lag and laggy keyboards and...