Acer is known for producing good-value laptops that are brimming with features. Acer recently looking very seriously shows their existence as a brand for hi-tech notebook technology fans. Packing an Intel Core
i5 processor and Blu-ray drive, the 15.6-inch Aspire 5942G certainly delivers on the feature front, but it isn’t exactly cheap. The question, therefore, is whether it offers sufficiently impressive performance to justify its high price tag.
In line with today’s devices, most of the surface of the Aspire 5942G uses a shiny glossy material. However Acer cleverly uses matte material on the side of the keyboard and palm rest, so that no fingerprint is left as when using glossy materials. Consequently you still get a notebook with an elegant glossy impression but keep it clean of fingerprints.
The features highlights:
• Simply touch Lightweight
The operation panel can simply use a light touch multimedia. The more modern give the impression of this notebook.
Its own keyboard has 86 keys but without the numeric keypad. Instead, you’ll get the Media Control panel on the right side, containing the Play, Forward, until the volume settings. Operation is sufficient to use a light touch, which we think more and add a modern impression of this notebook. Another thing we liked is the presence of light under each button, so you still can smoothly despite typing in the dark room.
• Express Transfer
One of the special facilities at the Aspire 5942G is a facility eSATA for high speed data transfer.
On the left side of the keyboard, you’ll get a button to activate WiFi, Bluetooth, and Backup Manager. Facilities that we call the last interesting because it makes you easily perform backups of data. The
way is to determine the origin and destination file you wish to backup. After that, each time you press the Backup Manager, the backup process runs in the background directly. Given that many of us who often forget to do backups, how easy it should be a solution.
• Easy Backup
When the button is pressed Acer Backup Manager, the backup process directly running in the background (background)
As a top class notebook, the Aspire 5942G facilities provided this must be complete. In addition to standard amenities such as WiFi, Bluetooth, and webcam, this notebook weighs 3 kg provides extra facilities in the form of FireWire, HDMI, and eSATA. But unfortunately, this notebook screen resolution of 1366×768 pixels
only, not full-HD as well as to offer Alienware M15x Extreme Forsa FS 8880. We also found that the screen has a blinding glare surface, so a bit difficult when the display is in a position facing the lamp
Although not all aspects unsatisfactory, Acer Aspire 5942G remains an ideal representation of notebooks based on Core i7. Beautiful design, good performance, and huge hard drives are the main advantages of this
notebook. All these advantages combined sweet with a competitive price, is U.S. $ 1399 including the operating system Windows 7 Home Premium. So if you want to taste the power of Core i7, this notebook
is worthy ogled.
Although using the same processor, the Acer Aspire 5942G has a slightly better performance in processor-based tests such as Sysmark 2007 as well as encoding video and audio. However, because
middle-class graphics card, Acer gaming performance lagged.
Test Acer Aspire 5942G
(Intel i7-720QM, RAM 4 GB DDR3-1333 MHz, ATI HD5650 1GB, 15,6”,
battery 4400 mAh) Forsa Extreme FS 8880
(Intel i7-720QM, RAM 4 GB DDR3-1333 MHz, GeForce GTX280M, 15,6”,
battery 3800 mAh)
Sysmark 2007 147 146
Cinebench R10 10208 9617
PCMark Vantage P5059 P5607
Video Encoding 9 minutes 9 minutes 39 seconds
Audio Encoding 1 hour 44 minutes 1 minute 39 seconds
3DMark 2006 P3175 P5972
Stalker Clear Sky Bench. (avg) 17,67 fps 46,03 fps
Play HD Video 1 hour 16 minutes 47 minutes
Battery Eater 47 minutes 47 minutes
Acer Aspire 5942G Specifications
Processor Intel Core i7-720QM (1,6GHz, 6MB L3 cache)
RAM 4 GB, DDR3 PC3-10666 (2 of 4 slot)
Chipset Intel PM55
Graphic card ATI Mobility HD5650 1GB
Hard drive Seagate 640GB SATA II
Optical drive DVD Super Multi
Facilities WiFi a/g/n, Bluetooth, Ethernet, card reader (4-in-1), USB
2.0 (3x), Firewire, VGA-out, Express Card 34/54, HDMI, eSATA; Webcam.
Screen 15,6” WXGA, 1366×768 pixel resolution
Sound card Realtek
Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium
Battery 4400 mAh
Dimension 38,3 x 27,6 x (3,8 – 4,5) cm
Weight 3,06 kg
Guarantee 1 year
Price range US$ 1499
• Good design
• Equipped with eSATA
• 640GB hard drive
• Competitive price
• Fast processor
• Good gaming performance
• Packs a Blu-ray drive
• Decent keyboard
• Handy media controls
• The screen is not Full-HD
• Glare coating on the screen was blinding.
The laptop runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home Premium, so it can take full advantage of the hefty 4GB of installed memory. Acer has also opted for a 2.4GHz, dual-core Intel Core i5-520M processor.
The 5942G managed to rack up an impressive score of 7,510 in the PCMark05 benchmark test. It delivered a similarly stirring graphics performance too, helped along by its ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 GPU, which has a healthy 1GB of dedicated on-board memory. It helped the laptop turn in a relatively high score of 8,010 in 3DMark06, which means the 5942G will do a decent job of handling recent first-person shooters.
Although the size and weight of this laptop mean it’s more suited to desk use than life on the road, its battery life isn’t too bad considering its relatively high specification. In Battery Eater’s intensive, battery-sapping Classic test, it managed to keep running for a respectable 1 hour and 13 minutes, but it’s likely to last much longer in real-world use.
The Acer Aspire 5942G may not be the sexiest-looking laptop around, but it makes up for its somewhat pedestrian appearance with its impressive specification and performance. Although its price may initially seem rather steep, you could easily pay much more for a similar machine.
Incoming Computer Tutorial Search:
- acer aspire 5942g i7
- acer 5942g i7
- good performance netbook
- acer 5942g ram
- acer aspire 5942g i7 review
- acer 5942 base
- good performance and design laptops
- good designs for pages of notebook
- design and performance laptops
- aspire notebook using bluetooth
Related Computer Tutorial:
- The Acer Aspire 5738PG Touch Screen Notebook With Interesting Features And Performance Are you ready to reach out and touch your notebook? Acer wants you to do just that with its Aspire 5738PG, a 15.6-inch laptop that utilizes Windows 7 touchscreen support...
- Acer Introduce The New Acer Aspire 5942 And 8942 Notebooks Powered By Various Intel’s Processor Also With Amazing Sound And Graphic Quality Acer introduces new Aspire series laptop line with the model 5942 and 8942. Both are equipped by the toughness of Intel Core i7, I5 or I3, with capacities reaching 8GB...
- Introduce The Dell Inspiron 1464 Notebook With Cool Design And Lots of Interesting Features Welcoming the presence Arrandale generation Intel processors (Core i3/i5/i7), Dell also released a series of new notebooks. One is the Inspiron 1464. This 14-inch notebook targeting the home segment and...
- Introducing The HP Pavilion 2134TX dv6 High Definition Multimedia Notebook With Complete Features and Convenient High-definition multimedia needs will be satisfied thanks to the support facilities available in this product. Not to mention a dazzling display screen makes it more comfortable to the eye. As...
- MSI U230 Wind12 The Powerful Netbook With HDMI Connection And Good Performance By AMD Athlon Neo X2 Although not so popular, Neo Athlon X2 processor acts much more satisfactory than Atom-based netbook. Most Atom-based netbook users must understand the level of agility of this processor is still...