Google+ as the latest Facebook contander in social networking application site, apparently being an opportunity for cyber criminals to “playing on their new toy”, such actions like fake invitation to join the Google + now widespread on the internet.
The fake invites reach you via emails and Google+ being a platform that can be joined only through invites, so malicious hackers have made good use of the opportunity and took advantage of it. They have designed emails that look just like Google + invites and send theses mails to people and since people are eagerly awaiting to have a look of the new platform, easily fall prey to these malicious emails. The hack surfaced when some Naked Security members found out this glitch and reported this to public.Like any other scam taking place on the internet, this scam also makes use of same technique of taking a person to another website when he clicks onto a link pasted in the content. In this case, the person reaches a website selling drugs and aphrodisiac medicines.
If you also received any email like this, be very careful and be sure that the invite coming from any third party is genuine. If it offers to click on any links to reach the website and register, we would recommend you not to do so. The technique is very common for websites
that are new to the internet world and hackers are always for a chance to cash on such opportunities.
Sophos as a security vendor has found the cyber criminal’s trick that makes common internet users get trapped. Because the scenarios created by the scammer looks real because it’s associated with a Google + site. Google+ only can be accessed and use by the people who got an
invitation. This action exploited by scammers to make the fake invitation link actually leads to a website that the criminals wants to or other website that not related to your main activities.
Researchers at Sophos, Graham Cluely said that the message is made very similar to the original email received by users from their friends who had already been a Google + member. In the message, there is a link lead users to the website they wants to be and get benefit
from it. Scams such as this one are very common with major product launches; most recently a similar phishing scheme involving Google Music invites. Whenever you receive an “invite” to a service, especially from a third party, be extra careful before clicking any links and make sure that the invite is really coming from a legitimate source.
Hacker group from Canada, Partnerka, was allegedly the mastermind behind these disturbing actions. This action itself arguably still amateurs given the risk that victims received only limited convoy to viagra sites, rather than up to the theft of personal data. Still
according to Cluely, the number of scam (fraud) in circulation is further increased and its scope expanded. And the impact of the birth of Google services + is also not only be utilized by perpetrators of scammers. Many also of internet users who use it to make money from
selling personal invitation to this limited indeed. A search on the eBay auction site showed there are many who sell this invitation from the starting price of 99 cents to $ 27.00. Some even have to provide bonus to teach users about the brand-new service. Many ways which
internet users to reach the coffers of money with the Google +. There is also another trick that is done, namely through the lure of giving the user an invitation to comment and email address in a posting on the Internet that preach about Google +. If you do then you are at
risk of more serious attacks and spam again, exposed to acts of piracy for having handed me your email address. So, to avoid such a trap scenarios would be nice if you are patient to wait for the original invitation from someone you know, instead of strangers on the internet. Beware if there is anyone who offers the invitation to exchange personal information or even money.
Related Computer Tutorial:
- How Trace The Email Sender IP Address We receive dozens of junk or spam emails from unknown senders daily. These emails fill our inbox with so many unwanted emails. Email addresses of these emails are mostly invalid...
- Useful Tips How to Optimized Your Google Search Google is a search engine that is most widely used by Netter. A variety of information can we look for quickly by using google. To optimize search results, Google provides...
- MS Outlook Setting For Yahoo Email As an internet goers, you certainly have heard about Outlook Express, an email client program from Microsoft is very famous especially in the office world. If you work in a...
- 13 Important Points to Have Secure Internet Without Get Infected By Virus, Malware and Scam Keeping safe online browsing requires more than just installing some internet security programs. Far more important than that is we too must know the vulnerable spots that should be avoided....
- Google Chrome version 13 with Instant Pages for Faster Internet Browsing, Print Preview and Print to PDF Features Google as the no.1 search engine in the world, keeps on trying to maintained their domination and supremacy. Their latest Google Chrome version 13 comes with new features to fill...